Monday, March 25, 2013

Quick Weeknight Meals: Cooking with Trader Joe's & Gardein: Mandarin Chickenless Chicken


My go-to recipe for busy weeknights, Mandarin Chicken-less Stir Fry

I use any vegetables I have on hand, sometimes I even pre-chop vegetables ahead of time so that when I don't have the time to prep a complicated meal, I have already done the hardest work. I saute the ingredients in the following order: onions, then by order of hardness; i.e. carrots, celery, peppers. Once the veggies are cooked, I remove and set aside. Next I saute the chickenless chicken morsels per the directions on the bag, and at the last minute combine the sauces, veggies, and morsels and heat through while stirring. I use Trader Joe's Satay sauce as a short cut adding in the sauce that comes with the Chickenless Mandarin Chicken for a sweet and savory dish that tastes like comfort food but is packed with good for you veggies! While I am sauteing, I prepare brown rice noodles or I use frozen brown rice from Trader Joe's. The results: a quick dinner that seems like it took me hours to prepare, and never any leftovers ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment