Monday, February 18, 2013

Quinoa Meal #2: Colorful Greek Quinoa Salad

Mondays are my long day, so I need a sturdy lunch that can travel well and keep me satisfied since there is little time for an adequate dinner. Lunch today uses the second portion of my pre-made quinoa in a cold salad with a mixture of colorful produce. This salad is inspired by our favorite local Greek restaurant, Zorba.

Paired with a lowfat yogurt parfait, and a snack size portion of pistachio nuts, I'll have enough protein to keep me feeling fuller longer, not to mention the benefits of the antioxidant packed produce.

I layered quinoa, cherry tomatoes; diced, feta cheese, yellow bell pepper; diced, and a  quick homemade vinaigrette (I mix equal parts red vinegar & evoo; Season with about a teaspoon of minced shallot, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and oregano) over bright green baby spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment