Monday, September 16, 2013

Dinner in 20 Minutes: Panko Pork Cutlets with Chianti Balsamic Reduction with Roasted Garlic Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes

Craving a comforting fall inspired dinner, I had mashed potatoes on the mind early on in the day today. I always make my mashed potatoes with the peels still on, using my food processor to make them creamy and smooth. I tried a new ingredient this time around, a small pinch of cinnamon, and it added a nice sweet and spicy note in addition to the roasted garlic. I added almond milk, olive oil, salt & pepper, and roasted minced garlic to the food processor bowl.

I flayed boneless pork chops to make thin portions. Using an egg wash consisting of eggs, water and stone ground mustard, I breaded the pork in panko bread crumbs, fresh grated Parmesan cheese , garlic powder, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Then I pan fried in Olive oil until crispy and golden on each side.

To make the reduction I added equal parts of a leftover bottle of Chianti with Balsamic vinegar. I simmered over med low heat until it reduced to half and thickened. I drizzled the reduction over the plate and then plated the potatoes and cutlets. I ate my cutlets Milanese style over a bed of baby greens with an additional splash of french vinaigrette.

I suggest boiling the potatoes while you saute the cutlets. Transfer cooked cutlets to an oven safe dish and place in 200 degree oven to keep warm until ready to serve.  A side of some roasted apples and carrots would pair perfectly with this dish. What fall flavors are you craving when the weather starts cooling down?

No comments:

Post a Comment